19 Days Left of 2009


Since there are only 19 days left of the year I call 2000-WANT ("want" because all I wanted in 2009 was an agent - blah, blah, blah). Boy did I do everything in my writerly power to make that happen. Alas, I am, at present moment still agentless. Again, blah, blah, blah.

Back to my, "Since there are only 19 days left of the year I call..."focus. In honor of the upcoming 2010 or as I like to call, The Year of Kate. Yeah, I said it. 2010 is all about me and me getting everything I ever dreamed of. And I mean everything. I think 2010 is going down in the history books as the year of years...for me. My brain tells me so. My heart tells me so. And my soul tells me so. I have no secret news -- nothing to reveal -- just a feeling.

2010, I welcome you, fine year, welcome to my life. Come on in and make yourself comfortable, Best-Year-Ev-Ah. I have a feeling we'll be tighter than peanut butter and jelly.

I HEART 2010.

Now to properly close out 2009 and bid it a decent farewell, I thought I'd jump back into the blog-O-sphere with a plan. My big plan is to share my top 5 "stuff" with you on a variety of life, book, and me related topics. I am going to try to blog as much as I can over the next 19 days.

Here are some of my planned topics:
~ My top 5 books of 2009
~ My top 5 songs of 2009
~ My top 5 super spectacular moments of 2009
~ My top 5 ultimate CRAPtacular moments of 2009 - I should probably enlarge this category to 10 and call it a day
~ My top 5 dreams of 2009
~ My top 5 bloggie moments of 2009
~ My top 5 videos of 2009
~ My top 5 movies of 2009
~ My top 5 things I learned as a writer in 2009
~ My top 5 online moments of 2009
~ My top 5 moments of travel in 2009
~ My top 5 writing ideas of 2009
~ My top 5 worst songs of 2009
~ Mt top 5 cool things I overheard in 2009

And to start it all off...

Drum roll please...

My Top 5 Moments of HOPE in 2009

5. Back on November 17, 2009 I came to a personal crossroads and then on November 18, 2009 came the sweet nugget of HOPE by way of a partial request. It ended up in a rejection, but HOPE is HOPE in my book. And I needed some HOPE at that moment and the universe listened.

4. About two weeks ago I walked without wrapping my ankle. Not an aircast, not an ace bandage, not a nothing. It gave me HOPE that I was on the way to a full recovery. I love HOPE.

3. Realizing that the reason my youngest sister, Christina and her cool husband Iain, had to move to Australia. Sure, Iain's from there and all, but the real reason they had to move there was revealed to me one evening in the month of April, 2009. I was hanging out in my dining room, listening to tunes with my husband, when it dawned on me. My youngest sister had to move SO-FREAKING-FAR-AWAY because my other younger sister was going to need me. And I mean need the ever loving hell out of me. This other sister and I needed this moment actually, because we needed to realize that beyond loving each other like good sisters do...we really did like each other. As in we thought the other was cool and fun to hang around with. And we spent inordinate amounts of time on the phone -- me listening -- and her sharing, etc... She started coming over to hang out, have some drinks...and enjoy being together.

Now, I know what you're wondering. I can hear it now, "Alright, yeah, I get it, you got close to your one sister. But what does that have to do with your youngest sister moving to Australia with her cool husband? I don't get it. Come on, K.M. keep it together here. You've lost me."

Relax. I'm gonna tell you now.

See, Christina and Iain were always at our house before they moved to Australia. If you didn't click on dining room up there then you don't have a proper picture of the fun we used to have. It's worth the read.

So, she moves away and guess who I end up spending a ton more time with? Oh, you're good. Yep, my other sister. You follow me now? Can you feel the HOPE?

2. When, after watching the brilliantly written JUNO, I understood that I am a good writer too. And that I am worth the time it takes to write. HOPE was severely undernourished at that moment, and JUNO was a big steaming plate of, "Keep Writing."

1. On December 10, 2009, from an agent I queried on December 9, 2009: Dear Kate, This sounds great; we’d love to take a look. Please email me the manuscript as one Word doc attachment and we’ll be in touch soon. (aka H. O. P. E.)

Popular Posts