8 Days of 2009 Left...My Top 5 Spectacular Moments of 2009


My Top 5 Spectacular Moments of 2009

I have to say, 2009 was a pretty decent year. Definitely filled with changes and frustration yet sprinkled with super-high-highs. I quit teaching in 09 which was a really big deal. Quit the job I left teaching for and then landed another new job. Changes deluxe. My goals morphed and then morphed again. As I said before, I'm feeling like 2010 will be my year.

Drum roll please...my top 5 spectacular moments of 2009.

5. Telling the birthday wish fairy to suck it.

4. Having 45 of my 2008-2009 students get published in a poetry anthology. The particularly satisfying "wins" are my reluctant writers, the boys who "hated writing" or the girls who had zero writing confidence. And they won. And they're published.

3. Affording my inner writer time to mingle and write during the SCBWI Winter Conference in NYC and the SCBWI Pocono Writer's Retreat. Both juiced me up as a writer. I can't wait for NYC this year...

2. Realizing I'm a writer and I'll always be a writer. No matter what.

1. This one was a no brainer. My number one moment of 2009 was definitely flying half way around the world to meet my newest niece, Scarlett Jane...aka the Australian Wonder. And seeing my treasured sister Christina and her equally treasured husband Iain. What a trip it was.

Popular Posts