How the judging portion of this contest was explained in the Filmmaker's Kit:
- Voting via the Linkylist--here on my blog--would determine the top three trailers. Turns out that portion of the voting was rather easy, in light of there only being four official entries.
- The final leg of the judging came from me. I had to decide the order (first place, second place, third place) of the top three trailers.
- I put a tremendous amount of thought into my "order decisions." The top three trailers were all very well done, with clear evidence of time spent and enthusiasm for their final products. THANK YOU to all three groups of filmmakers who chose to put so much effort into their work.
- My final decision had a main focus--which trailer truly captured Victor and Bull's story as well as the heart of the novel (with the limited amount of information provided by me) and most importantly, would make a potential reader want to read the book ?
ORDER OF THE WINNERS & THEIR PRIZES
TGM FILMS has won FIRST PRIZE: $500 cash courtesy of K. M. Walton, book trailer to appear on the Simon & Schuster site, trailer embedded in the author’s blog and website & prominently displayed, trailer will be mentioned and linked to on Twitter & Facebook, signed copy CRACKED, film critique by top industry professionals:
- An Oscar nominated producer team
- Writers for the MTV Movie Awards
- The former director of Entertainment Tonight
- An award winning independent filmmaker
- Two accomplished television producers
- A film agent
- And the director of the movie THE MIGHTY MACS
LUMONOX FILMS has won SECOND PRIZE: $100 cash courtesy of K. M. Walton, signed copy of CRACKED, trailer embedded in the “Winners” post on the author’s blog, film critiqued by top industry professionals (see above).
J. CINDRIC has won THIRD PRIZE: $50 cash courtesy of K. M. Walton, trailer embedded in the “Winners” post on the author’s blog, signed copy of CRACKED, film critiqued by top industry professionals (see above).
Filmmakers, please email me A.S.A.P. at kmwalton1 (at) verizon (dot) net for further prize details.
Thank you to the filmmakers and their crews. I am blown away by the level of awesome in your trailers.
Thank you to the voters who cast their votes - we had an incredible total of 1.410 votes. Wow.