The Cracked Book Launch Event

Boy do my cheeks hurt from smiling.

This past Saturday night was the book launch event for my debut novel, Cracked. It was held at the most incredible independent book store on the planet, which happens to be right in my neighborhood--Chester County Book and Music Company in West Chester, PA. I can't thank everyone at CCBMC enough for all of their hard work in helping me to make the night memorable.

"Memorable" happens to describe the experience perfectly. Between the 300 people--family, friends and even people I've never met before--and the wine, the food, the book cake (see photos below), I'm having trouble narrowing down my favorite part.

Where all the magic happened ; )

Just a portion of the 300 favor bags my sisters, mom and sons helped me build. The bag and its contents are actually in the book.

Boy were these signs I made up needed. I still can't get over how many wonderful faces I looked out upon while up at the microphone.

The bartender was really cute (my husband). The food was amazing. The balloons made everything even more festive.

The Magnolia Grill did a spectacular job with the catering.

Cindy, a CCBMC employee and uber-talented baker, created 300 mini cupcakes with handmade pills on top - to match my cover.

This work of art was Cindy's surprise for me. It is a cake!!! Of my book cover!!! A cake!!!
As the lovely Joanne Fritz introduced me, I took a deep, cleansing breath and felt the energy of the room, which prickled with love and support. I took the microphone and began my planned and practiced speech. The eyes of so many people that I love, respect, and cherish gazed back, and I felt that energy again. My shoulders dropped and my heart slowed. It felt so damn good to be up there, thanking people, telling them about my book, reading an excerpt. So. Damn. Good.

Joanne introducing me!

Giving my speech.

Just a portion of the incredible sea of faces--so many were of family and friends from various portions of my life. Just amazing to see.
My deepest gratitude goes out to every person who came out on Saturday night to support me: my large and loving family, friends--old and new, writing colleagues and friends, FOUR Apocalypsies--even a few of my neighbors and my younger son's two teachers came out! I am honored and thankful to all of you for helping celebrate the launch of Cracked. I hope you had as much fun as I did.

Getting to talk with people and jot sentiments down in their books was magical, and I loved every minute of it. I still can't believe real human beings stood in line--some for an hour-and-a-half--to have me sign their book. Again, humbled.

The incredible signing line.


Still can't believe it.

The absolute best feeling.
 THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

And thank you.

*Don't forget, if you were there and you'd like to upload a photo that you took and possibly win a prize, all you have to do is visit kmwalton.com and click on the post-it titled "Upload YOUR even photo" - pretty easy.

Popular Posts