My Spring-Fresh Contest
In a bold effort to build up my followers to 50+ (I said bold), I’ve cooked up quite a fun contest. Well, I think its fun – let’s hope you readers out there agree.
Let’s discuss the prize, because, isn’t that what really matters?!? Since this is a blog about writing and most of my followers are indeed writers, both accomplished and aspiring, I thought a “writer’s basket of goodness” would be the perfect prize. However, know this, for any non-writer-followers, it is perfectly acceptable to re-name this basket simply, "basket of goodness," it's full of good things. What, pray tell, is a Writer’s Basket of Goodness? I’m glad you asked.
Writer’s Basket of Goodness Includes:
- Hardback copy of If I Stay by Gayle Forman
- Oversized Paperback copy of Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
- Gourmet chocolate bar for those moments when only chocolate will do
- Two new gel pens to write, write, write. Or doodle.
- Package of Sharpie highlighters to assist you during your editing/revising
- New writing tablet to sketch out new scenes or develop new characters
- Pack of “Hold That Thought” mini post-it arrows to mark places in need of revision
- Mini memo pad & pen to capture your new ideas on the go
- Package of sticky notes to remind yourself how talented you are
- Hand painted mug for your coffee or tea to get your creative juices flowing
- Package of Jelly Belly, Coldstone Creamery flavored jelly beans for when you just need a little something sweet
- Package of dark chocolate Hershey Kisses for when you’d like that chocolate kick
- All packaged up in a basket just for you
How it all works:
Tally up your initial points in your first comment below.
Each point = one official entry into the virtual pot over on random.org
Your points will hopefully grow with each new follower attributed to YOU.
Check out my logic…
- 5 points for being a current blog follower
- 3 points for becoming a NEW blog follower
- 1 point for posting a contest description and link back here on your blog
- 1 point for posting a contest description and link back here on your facebook page
- 1 point for posting a link back here on your Twitter page
- 1 point for already following me on Twitter
- 2 points for becoming a NEW follower on Twitter
- Here’s the BEST way to rack up a whole mess of points: 5 points for every single new follower I get on my blog because of YOU and your brilliant word of mouth skills. That’s right 5 points every time!!! How will I know what new member(s) are attributed to you? Well, I suggest you tell people they MUST let me know they are a new blog follower because of YOU in a comment to this very post. That way, you’ll be sure to get your rightful points!
- 1 BONUS point to everyone who entered if I surpass 50 followers before the contest ends!
- Contest officially starts on Thursday, April 1, 2010 and will run through Friday, April 30, 2010 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Please email me so I have a record of your email address: kmwalton1(at)verizon(dot)net NO, I will not email you at all, I promise, unless you win. That is how you will be entered into Random.org, and no, everything over there is strictly private. They know how to help a gal pull a truly random winner, that’s for sure.
- I will enter you into the contest according to how many points you’ve accrued. For example: 12 points = 12 official entries, 25 points = 25 official entries, etc… The more points, the higher your chance of winning!
- I will keep a tally of your points, and will post them on my blog as close to the end of the contest as I can…so you can verify.
- Winner will be chosen by Random.org
- Winner will be announced on Saturday, May 1, 2010
I thank you for participating and having fun with this. Go forth and amass points!
Good luck to all!!