A Quote

A friend of mine shared this quote with me the other day and I thought it worthy of sharing it out further...

Nancy Andreasen , a neuroscientist said, "Sucessful writers are like prize fighters who keep getting hit but won't go down, they stick with it until it's right."

If Ms. Andreasen were standing in front of me I'd look her straight in the eye and say, "You get it."

And she might say back to me, "Oh, K.M. I do get it."

And then we'd smile at each other and have nothing else to talk about. Because what do you talk about with a freakin' neuroscientist? The weather? I don't want to sound like a big dummy.

See, it isn't the money or the fame that makes success - to me it's the passion and the drive. If it matters to you, then dammit, do it. Just get out there and do it. Make it happen for yourself and stop waiting for someone else to make it happen. If you want it, then you have to develop a plan, do some research, make whatever it is you do the absolute best it can be, and do it. Over and over and over and over again. There is no giving up. There are no hands thrown in the air. Oh no. There is drive and determination and desire and destiny.

The 4 D's.

I just made that up. But it sounds really good and I think I may blog about each D at some point.

Popular Posts