Blog Award & Tag Fun

Thanks to Big Plain V I've received my very first blog award!!! How cool is that?



A BIG T. Y. goes out to BPV!

Now onto the tag part of my award. First, I tag: Patti, Lisa & Laura, Susan Mills, Casey McCormick, Prince Balthazar and Jewel for being eternally supportive of my blog...and me. Thank you. (side note, I totally would've picked Mercedes, but she was already tagged by BPV)

Here are the rules to those I've tagged:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link them.
2. Add the award to your blog.
3. Tell six outrageous lies about yourself and one truth.
4. Nominate six creative liars ... I mean, writers and link them.
5. Let your nominees know they've been nominated.

Second, here are my six outrageous lies and one truth. Any family readers out there, mums the word on the true story.

1. When I was eleven I climbed an apple tree on a dare, made it half way up the tree, stared down at my "dare'er", picked an apple, took a bite, and promptly fell from the tree and landed at the "dare'er's" feet. No broken bones, only bruised pride.

2. I struggled in college my freshman year...socially. I'm not sure why, but I did. When my roommate would bounce into our dorm room with news of a party I'd recoil, lie, and feign some sickness or paper to write - I was a college hermit - I went nowhere. It didn't take long for my roommate to figure me out. Thanks, roomie.

3. When my husband and I got engaged we were your typical young-with-no-money, and he bought me a beautiful engagement ring (but it was in direct proportion to our dirt poor'ness - aka - modest). He always promised me that one day he'd get me the ring of my dreams. Well, two weeks ago he came home with a bottle of champagne and a spectacular emerald cut engagement ring, got down on one knee (in front of our two boys) and asked me to re-marry him. Uh-huh.

4. In 2007 my boys, husband and I flew to Australia to visit my sister and brother in law. The whole leg of the LA to Sydney flight my son vomited 23 times (not that I counted or anything). The people around us had that oh-crap-I'll-be-sick-too look on their faces and if they had possessed weapons of any kind, probably would have felt zero guilt using them on the lot of us.

5. I am deathly afraid of choking or my kids choking or my cat. Whoever. Choking and thought of choking consumes a large part of my day when food is around. I'm so bad that when we leave our kids for a night out, they aren't allowed to eat - anything. It doesn't go over too well but they've gotten used to it. My younger son even reminds his "babysitting" big brother as we're walking out the door, "Don't eat anything! Mom'll freak." I love him for being so responsible.

6. I am really good at video games. Like butt-kicking-good. I'm so good that my older son refuses to play me on anything because I whoop butt like a pro. I seriously don't know why I'm so good at video games because I'm a real life sports zero - in every way. I guess it's my psyche's way of redeeming itself sports-wise. My favorite game - wait let me rephrase that - my most butt whipping game that I OWN is LEGO Star Wars. I should go into a tournament or something because I'm that freakin' good.

7. When I was in college I cocktail waitressed at a bar at the Jersey Shore (NO, nowhere near the fist pumping lunacy of the MTV show - this was in South Jersey). Anyway, one night I had a tray full of drinks and shots and beers - I'm talking not one more drink could've fit on that tray. I lifted it above my head, turned around to shout my way through the smooshed together crowd of 21 year olds, and I slipped. My left foot slipped backwards on the beer soaked floor, stopped as soon as it hit the bar behind me, and the tray FULL of drinks went flying into the crowd of really cute guys. I ended up down on one knee, the tray ended up clear across the room (like five feet away) and the drinks went everywhere!

Okay, so I am dying to know which one you think is true. Dying. Dying. Dying. Come on, guess away!!!!

Popular Posts