D #2 Determination

DETERMINATION

The greatest, random thing happened to me today. My younger cousin sent me an email completely out of the blue. I love this cousin - love seeing this cousin at family events - love laughing with this cousin. This cousin knows of my drive to land an agent, knows of my writing and my dream of seeing my work in print.

Here's the connection...see, I've been struggling on what to write for my next D post on determination. Wait till you see the gift that was plopped in my lap via the cousin email...

My cousin wrote:

Subject line: soon you'll say, "I did it!"

Email: April 1944, Anne Frank wrote: "I can shake off everything if I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn. But, and that is the great question, will I ever be able to write something great, will I ever become a journalist or a writer?"

(We both know what her Diary became).

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is determination in it's purest form.

Thanks, cuz.

Popular Posts