Asking For Acceptance

"I'm just a girl...standing in front of a boy...asking him to love her," Anna said.

That's one of my favorite movie lines from Notting Hill with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant.

At this very moment in my life I'd like to change the line to:

"I'm just a writer...sending out a query letter...asking for you to love my book," Kate said.

Oh just cut the crap. The agent querying process rots. I've already lost all hope and I've only just begun (I feel another overlydramatosis attack coming on). My stats are frighteningly dismal. 15 to 1 rejections to requests. Crap average, huh? I still have another 15 unanswered email queries out there dangling out there in the wicked abyss.

Dream Agent (not sure what to call her anymore - she's slipped down from 'dream' status) still has my full manuscript and has given me no definitive answer. And an agent from Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency has a partial. No word on that either.

By the way, I LOVE querytracker.net. so much. It helps me keep track of who I queried, when I queried them and what their answer was. Cool stuff, and I like cool stuff.

I just want it all to happen so very badly. I do.

Tom Petty says,
Well I wont back down, no I wont back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I wont back down

And I don't even like Tom Petty.

Popular Posts