What A Book...The Road

You know when you finish a book and it continues to orbit around you for a long, long time, like some fictional moon filled with angst, joy, passion or sorrow - whatever it was from the book that struck a personal chord with you?

I love when that happens.

At the bottom of my blog I 've been shelving all of the books I've read this summer and one refuses to leave my head...The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It is the most beautifully written book I've ever had the pleasure to read. He is obviously a poet and in full command of the English language, including a slew of words I've never even heard of. But the book is beyond readable. Beyond fascinating. Beyond riveting. Beyond chilling.

Beyond heartbreaking.

If you haven't read it yet, you must. There is no other way to look at it. Get in your car, go to the book store or library and get it. Don't even dibble around with ordering it online, it would take too long to get into your hands. Yeah, it's that good.

You're welcome. No, seriously, you don't have to thank me that much. What are friends for?

All I ask in return is that you tell me how you feel after the last word crosses your eyes...

Popular Posts