BOOK LAUNCH EXTRAVAGANZA for TEACHING NUMERACY: 9 Critical Habits to Ignite Mathematical Thinking
TODAY is the day. The big day. The day we've been waiting for. Our book, TEACHING NUMERACY: 9 Critical Habits to Ignite Mathematical Thinking is officially launched. Click on the title of our book for details, reviews, table of contents and author bios. The book is also available for pre-order on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
To help spread the word and generate some excitement we're hosting a contest right here. "We" is Margie Pearse and I. It's easy. It's fun. Read on for the details....
How to Enter:
Bloggers and other "Spread the Word'ers": Spread the word about our book and this contest to any K-8 teacher you know. Send them an email. Send them a message on FB. Talk to them in person. Doesn’t matter. But you MUST leave a comment on this post telling us what you plan to do...or already did. Your comment enters you into the gift card contest.
Teachers: When a TEACHER fills out the official entry form below AND hits submit, the teacher is officially entered. It’s that easy. *None of your information will ever be publicly displayed.
Other Random Important Stuff:
- If you’re a teacher AND a blogger then you can enter yourself! Just have a heartfelt conversation with yourself about our book and officially enter ; ) Seriously. You can win both prizes if you’re name is pulled.
- You can tell more than one teacher. For every teacher that officially enters (via your brilliant book-sharing-ways) your name gets thrown into the “blogger prize hat” that many times. The more teachers that enter because of you, the more chances YOU have of winning one of those Amazon gift cards. Cool eh?
- While it’s not a contest requirement, it sure would be awesome if you helped us spread the word online (on your blog, tweets, FB posts, message boards, anywhere). If you do decide to word-spread let us say a big ol’ THANK YOU for your kindness.
How You Win:
- All winners will be chosen randomly through the computer program The Hat
What You Win:
FOUR Prizes for Bloggers
Grand prize Blogger: $75 amazon.com gift card
(2) 2nd runner up prizes Blogger: $50 amazon.com gift card
3rd runner up prize Blogger: $25 amazon.com gift card
FOUR Prizes for Teachers
Grand prize: Signed copy of our book AND winning teacher gets a complimentary email conversation with us on any questions he/she has after reading the book!
(3) Runner up prizes: Signed copy of our book!
Contest starts NOW (Tuesday, March 22nd)
Contest ends midnight EST Thursday, April 14, 2011
Winners Announced right here on this blog Friday April 15, 2011
Contest IS open to international entries. Numeracy is world wide!
And questions, shoot me an email or put your question in a comment here.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
*ONLY fill the entry form out if you are a teacher - otherwise, just a comment is all you need : )