Thursday, November 3, 2011

BIG NEWS


I think I'll let this news out straight away, like, bam!

The Publisher's Marketplace announcement:
Children's: Young Adult  
CRACKED author K.M. Walton's untitled next novel, in which an overweight teen's life starts spiraling out of control when she is bullied and abused, to Annette Pollert at Simon Pulse, by Sarah LaPolla at Curtis Brown.

I can not wait for people to meet Dell. She's quite a complicated main character.

Getting the opportunity to work with Annette Pollert and the Simon Pulse team again is downright thrilling. I am smack in the middle of revisions for this novel, and I can't thank Annette enough for the way her brilliant mind works. Her revision letter should be framed, or at the very least, covered in hot fudge. Because hot fudge is freaking delicious and the most brilliant ice cream topping available.

You feel me?

And of course, the book wouldn't have been ready to go out on submission in the first place without going through who I like to call--The Gatekeeper--otherwise known as my better publishing half, my agent, Sarah LaPolla. The woman is one tough cookie, and my gratitude runs deep for her genius revisions.

I must also thank my tried and true friend (and beta reader) Christina Lee. Her insight, revision ideas, compliments, and her love for Dell, made the manuscript ready to send to The Gatekeeper.

Thank you to every friend and family member that read an excerpt, loved Dell, and believed in my writing.

I am blessed. I am thankful. I continue to not let it all sink in because I never want to forget the struggle, for it is the struggle (the tears, the doubt, the frustration, the disappointment associated with my long-ass-query journey) that makes these moments of success so sweet.

So hot fudgie.



To those of you on the path to your dream--no matter what your dream is--I say, stay at it. To those of you not even on the path yet, I say, get going and take that first glorious step.


In closing, if anyone would like to join in a funky happy dance with me, well, people, I've got the song for you. Play it loud. Do not sit while listening. Feel the hotness of the beat.


 
 Various side notes:
1. My 300 word Write Campaign Challenge entry made it to the semi-finals. Thank you for your kind comments and a BIG thank you to the judges for moving it on. It looks like Vance was a hit. Perhaps I will write that whole story out some day.... You can read the entry HERE.


2. This blog is going to take a nap for a few weeks so I can get my revisions done. See you on the other side my friends.

33 comments:

meghanbp said...

iii...caaaan't...tyyyype..riiight...
noooow. I'mmmm jaaaaming to Ussssssher.

gimme a seeeec......

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Yay--you got to announce it! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Such fantastic news!

Elisa Ludwig said...

Fantastic. So excited to read this!

Shveta Thakrar said...

Yayyyyyyyy!

Christina Lee said...

OMG everyone will get to meet DELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much love for this story, friend!!! It was an honor to read it (and critique it)!!!!

Paul Greci said...

Way to go, Kim!!! Congrats!!
:-) :-) :-)

Kim Van Sickler said...

Zowie! I cruised over here after reading Christina's FB status. The book sounds awesome and your journey to publication is inspiring. Congrats!!!!! I think Christine's just as excited as you are. She's a good choice for a beta reader and a cheerleader. She's the best!

Tiffany Schmidt said...

Hooray! So excited for you - can't wait to read it!

Delia said...

Wonderful! Congratulations! *dances away*

Christine Danek said...

WAhoo!! So glad you can announce it now. So happy for you!! I can't wait to read the rest of this one!!
You are an inspiration my dear. Thank you!
Oh an I'm dancing.

Melissa West said...

Congrats! This sounds amazing!

Jodi Meadows said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!

Tamara Ireland Stone said...

Your post gave me chills! I'm so excited for you. Congratulations on another well-earned, much-deserved moment of success!

Claire Legrand said...

Ahhh this is so exciting! Can't wait to read CRACKED and this new novel! Congratulations!

Christa said...

SQUEE!! Hooray!

Kimberly Sabatini said...

Woo hoo!!!! So happy for you. Simon Pulse is the BEST!!!! And you are pretty darn awesome too!!!!

Kristen Simmons said...

Oh hooray! YAYAYAYAYA! CRACKED was so amazing, I cannot wait to see what's coming next. Congrats girl!

And I love that song btw. Love it.

Lydia Sharp said...

CONGRATS!!!

Zoraida Cordova said...

that's wonderful!

Rachele Alpine said...

WOO HOO! Great news! Yay, yay, ya! And yes...Christina is AMAZING! She beta read my book too and lives right by me. Perhaps you need to make a stop in Cleveland to promote your book and meet your writing peeps! :)

Eve Marie Mont said...

Congratulations, Kate! I remember you telling us about this book last time I saw you. This must feel so validating. Truly wonderful news!!!

meghanbp said...

ok...i'm back. (see my 9 a.m. post)

I'm SO PROUD of you!!! You are the PERFECT example of hard work, determination and TALENT. You have a gift k.m.!!! Thanks for sharing it with us...your loyal followers :)

Robin said...

Congratulations!!!

Theresa Milstein said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

Christina said...

Love you, love Usher and i can't wait to meet Dell! ANOTHER BOOK DEAL. simply amazing. You rule! 100 congrats. Go Hurrikate.

J.R. Johansson said...

That's fantastic! Congratulations! :)

Sarah Wylie said...

Yay!!! I can't wait to read this! Congrats! :)

Joanne Fritz said...

YES! That's fantastic! You must be so relieved that you can tell the world now. And if it's half as good as CRACKED it'll be amazing. I'm honored to have gotten to know you this past year.

Hope you get lots done during your blogging break, but I'll miss you!

Adina West said...

That is FANTASTIC news. And funnily you're on a blog break when I come to visit, just like I was (and still am) when you came to visit me...

Hope the revisions etc go as planned, and have fun counting down to your first official launch. Exciting times ahead!

Michele Helene said...

Very fantastic BIG NEWS Kate. Good luck with the revisions.

Ron Smith said...

Kate you are now officially a rock star.

I'm honored to know you.

And thanks so much for all of your advice, support and kind words. You know what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Congrats. Awesome news indeed!

Jewel Allen said...

Yay! Happy Dancing with you!!

Petra @ Safari Poet said...

Congratulations! :-)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. Seriously, thank you.