WINNERS + KISSING = WIN-WIN

CONTEST WINNERS and KISSING BLOG FEST
First, contest details:

Thank you to every person who emailed, tweeted, FB'ed, spoke of, wore sandwich boards, blogged, re-tweeted and made announcements at Arby's about this contest. You all are just plain awesome.

Thank you to all my new blog followers. Hey, hope you continue to stop by.

Drum roll please...

Winners were randomly selected by "The Hat"

RUNNER UP WINNER = Loralie Hall
Loralie, you are now the proud owner of an Apocalypsies tote bag full o'books

GRAND PRIZE WINNER = Alicia (comment from February 2, 2011 12:40)
Alicia, you are the proud winner of a first chapter critique from Sarah Lapolla
*Since there were two contestants named Alicia, one went in with her first name - which is her actual screen name & the other "Alicia" contestant went in with her full name.

CONGRATULATIONS TO LORALIE HALL & ALICIA!

Winners, email me at kmwalton1 at verizon dot net and I'll give you more details.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Now onto The Kissing Blogfest organized by Christina Lee and Stina Lindenblatt...

This excerpt is from my contemporary YA titled OUT OF ORDER. Ruby has fallen for her older brother's best friend, Trick.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I lean up against the tree to steady myself and it helps, sort of. Trick’s standing in front of me dripping wet.

He leans in and says in my ear, “You are beautiful, Ruby.”

I feel my knees give a little and the tree bark scrapes my butt through my bikini bottom. I wince.

“You okay?” Trick asks.

I nod and grin.

Without taking his eyes off mine he nods along with me and then presses himself against me. Our wet bodies touch in all the right places.

A moan escapes, and I’m embarrassed.

But then Trick moans too.

“I want to kiss you. Can I kiss you, Ruby?” he whispers in my ear. I nod again because I’m incapable of forming words.

Trick gently puts his lips to mine and he tastes like the funnel cake he ate at the stand. His kiss is tender, almost too tender. I want to devour him. I daringly press my lips to his and he groans. My arms wrap around his neck, and he pulls me in even tighter against him.

His tongue softly explores my mouth, and I don’t want him to ever stop kissing me. But he does.

He pulls back enough to look at me and say, “Oh my god. Do you know how long I’ve wanted to do that?”

I nod again like a lovesick mute. I seriously can not speak – I don’t want to speak – I only want him to kiss me again.


*HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO EVERYONE!!*

Popular Posts