Enough. Or maybe I need a break.


I've had a few blows this week, aka, rejections on the two novels I've been querying...for FOREVER. Each agent didn't like something different, which has honestly been par for the course since I started this query experience.

At the risk of sounding overly dramatic...I think I'm going to take some time off to lick my wounds and do some writer'ish soul searching.

I know the Alchemist says the universe makes you earn your success, but seriously?

I know I just blogged about mindset and how the growth mindset thinker looks at "failure" as a chance to dig deeper and grow, but really?

I know I also blogged about hope, but hope only gets one so far before doubt crawls in. And devours hope in a single bite.

I know I also blogged about Drive, Determination, Desire and Destiny. Got 'em all. But in reality, they're really just four words that start with D.

I know, I'm being a Debbie Downer. I'm allowed.

For the record, I just can't seem to break through to the next level. No matter what I do. And believe me, I've done a lot (I'm certain there is absolutely nothing left for me to do except finish my current WIP and start the whole life-draining query process over again - after countless hours of WIP revision and then query letter writing, and re-writing, of course).

Wah-wha-wha. Boo hoo for me. I know. I know. I know. I just felt like venting a wee bit.

On a truly sappy note, love you all...anyone who has stuck with this blog...anyone who is a new reader...anyone who just stopped by out of the blue. Your comments and readership make me happy.

Popular Posts