Taking an Official Poll

Just got a real painful rejection this morning on that full from December 10th. Ouch times infinity.

Now, two of my books are still out with six agents (all six have had either the full or partial for months and months). But that's neither here nor there.

My poll question needs a wee bit of back story to set it up...

I'll break down the facts so you can make an informed poll decision for me.

- I've been querying agents for a while, and I've gotten close, REAL close. But no cigar.
- I have continued writing and am currently working on novel #5. I'm definitely not a one trick pony.
- I know it is an industry no-no to query agents and publishers simultaneously. I haven't done that. I'm a good rule follower.

Onto my poll question:
Based on what I've told you, and of course everything I've blogged about over the past two years, would you stop querying agents and begin a new query cycle of querying publishers?

If you say yes, please tell me why in your comment.

If you say no, please tell me why in your comment.

I thank you in advance for your feedback and thinking.

*A few things I already know:
I know I'll have to let the six agents know of my decision to query publishers - if in fact that turns out to be my final decision.

I know the big houses don't accept un-agented submissions. I'm okay with that. At this point, I'd be thrilled with a small house publishing my book(s).

Popular Posts