The Climb

Haven't posted in a while for a few reasons. First and foremost, I began training for my new job. I can sum that up in one word... WOW. The owner of the company, the founder, the brilliant educational mind, ran a four day teacher institute in which I participated...not as a teacher, but as a coach. She is the most revolutionary thinker I've ever heard speak, and I work for her! Again, wow.

Second reason for the long break between posts, I wanted to see what the book trailer would do for me. I've been putting a link to it at the bottom of my new query letters, and it worked, sort of. I got a request for a full from a pretty huge agency. I thought that request was it, the one. They rep the books that are very similar to mine - HUGELY successful books mind you. I thought it was a perfect match. The agent actually came to this blog, she told me so. That's pretty cool.

Yeah, the rejection on that full was not so cool. She read the whole book and gave me a detailed rejection (the only detailed rejection I've ever gotten - and it showed she really did read the whole book). While I respectfully disagree with her two reasons for not offering representation, I did appreciate the time she spent thinking about my book. She ended up saying I need to find an agent that will represent my book with enthusiasm just as it is. I so want that.

If you've followed my blog for a while, you know the special place cheesy pop music has in my heart. Now, I am not a Miley Cyrus fan, even though she is cheese at its finest. However, the very day I received that rejection, I watched her video for The Climb, and I was suddenly bawling my eyes out. No, I wasn't crying because I was actually watching a Miley Cyrus video as a full grown woman. I was crying at the words.

Yep, the words.

The words could be applied to any of us writers out there trying to land an agent - the words could be applied to any human being out there trying to do something gigantic and the odds are so against you.

It's all about the words. Onward and upward my fellow writers, onward and upward...

The Climb
lyricsSongwriters: Alexander, J; Mabe, J;

I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying"You'll never reach it"
Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking
But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going
And I,
I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on'

Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

Keep on moving, keep climbing
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa
© HOPELESS ROSE MUSIC; VISTAVILLE MUSIC;

Popular Posts