SCBWI Magazine...mangled

Picture this if you will. I pull up to the mailbox at the end of my driveway after a long, arduous day at work, pop it open, shuffle through the usual bills and pizza deals and what to my wondering eyes does appear but the beloved five letters...

S C B W I

Be still my heart. It was their magazine. Which I love to read cover to cover snuggled underneath my blankets. And this reading was going to have special/significant meaning to me, for it would've been my first reading as an agented writer. My heart fluttered. I smiled.
And then I pulled it out from underneath the catalog and this is what I found...
I quickly got over the mangled'ness of it and thought, oh well, I can still read the good stuff inside. At least it still had the inside -- even though it was completely removable. No biggie. I brought it into the house and put it on the stairs -- which is my own private resting place for things I plan to read that night. Night came and went and I grabbed my crinkled and decrepit magazine and headed up. I got all settled and comfy and read the outside back cover first. I smiled again. This was going to be good.

I opened it and found this:
And this!!!!The whole entire inside of the magazine was ripped out and stuffed with a cruel, cruel joke...an impostor...a fake, phony, a nothing!!! A Microsoft mailing.

Ugh.

Popular Posts